Historical halls of the Old City Hall

The Old City Hall is one of the oldest secular buildings in Brno.

It is situated on the second floor of the courtyard wing. A new court room was established here in 1789. One year later the frescos were painted by Josef Winterhalder. Thanks to his work the walls and ceiling represent a series of illusionist frescos depicting figures associated with the state authority and self-government.

During the Swedish siege of Brno in 1645 the city hall building was damaged. Some of the renovations in the early Baroque style carried out after the damage are attributed to Jan Křtitel Erna.

The interior of the Treasury is among the oldest and almost “untouched” premises of the Old City Hall. Its massive ribbed vaulting and pristine architectural details are an excellent source of information in terms of the dating of the original building.

Old Town Hall – contact

Old Town Hall – Radnická ulice

Address:
Radnická 8
658 78 Brno

Opening hours (tower):
April – October
daily 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.

Novenber
Friday – Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.,

no admission after 5:30 p.m

Admission fees:

FullCZK 60
Students, seniorsCZK 30
Children under 15 CZK 30
Children under 6free
Family packageCZK 120
CamcorderCZK 30
Use of camerasfree
Journalists (valid PRESS ID must be submitted)free

The aforementioned admission fees apply to the tower as well as the guided tour.

Old Town Hall tours (Fresco Hall, Crystal Hall, Treasury, room with the oldest ceiling).

Groups of no more than 20 persons are recommended to book their tour in advance.
Entrance from the Old City Hall courtyard at Radnická 8

+420 542 427 150